Re: The truth about SPARQL Endpoint availability

On 2/28/11 6:03 PM, Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> Thanks for your support. All data available through the SPARQL
> endpoint is compliant to this vocabulary:
> http://labs.mondeca.com/vocab/endpointStatus which relies on VoID .
> What Robert suggested me is to integrate RDFa in RSS feed which is a
> great idea.

Yes. But you can also do same in the HTML page that contains the list of
endpoints. In addition, you can use <link
rel="{some-predicate-uri-if-not-IANA-registered}" .... /> to make this
machine readable discernible agents that understand Web Linking
semantics. Of course, you could also go one level deep re. HTTP metadata
using "Link:".

Links:

1.
http://linkeddata.informatik.hu-berlin.de/uridbg/index.php?url=http://dbpedia.org/page/Linked_Data&acceptheader=&useragentheader=
-- Example of what I mean .

Kingsley

> [...]
>>         delivers me a "Missing parameter: query". So I guess, I have
>>         to parametrize the request. An instruction for that might be
>>         useful then ;)
>>

>>         Am 28.02.2011 23:25, schrieb Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche:
>>
>>             Hello Robert,
>>
>>             Every information produced by this service are stored in
>>             a SPARQL
>>             Endpoint :
>>             http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/endpoint/endpoint.html
>>             These open data are linked to CKAN ones. You can already
>>             access them.
>>
>>             best,
>>
>>             Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche
>>             Research & Development
>>             Mondeca
>>             3, cité Nollez 75018 Paris France
>>             Tel. +33 (0)1 44 92 35 07 - fax +33 (0)1 44 92 02 59
>>             Mail: pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com
>>             <mailto:pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com>
>>             <mailto:pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com
>>             <mailto:pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com>>
>>             Website: www.mondeca.com <http://www.mondeca.com>
>>             <http://www.mondeca.com/>
>>             Blog: Leçons de choses <http://mondeca.wordpress.com/>
>>

>>             On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Bob Ferris
>>             <zazi@elbklang.net <mailto:zazi@elbklang.net>
>>             <mailto:zazi@elbklang.net <mailto:zazi@elbklang.net>>> wrote:
>>
>>                Congrats Pierre, well done!
>>
>>                This might hopefully become a quite useful resource.
>>             Any plans to
>>                publish this information itself as Semantic Web Linked
>>             Data?
>>
>>                Cheers,
>>

>>                Bob
>>
>>                Am 28.02.2011 19:55, schrieb Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche:
>>
>>                    Hello all,
>>
>>                    you have already encountered problems of SPARQL
>>             endpoint
>>                    accessibility ?
>>                    you feel frustrated they are never available when
>>             you need them?
>>                    you develop an application using these services
>>             but wonder if it is
>>                    reliable?
>>
>>                    Here is a tool
>>             <http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html>[1]
>>
>>                    that allows you to know public SPARQL endpoints
>>             availability
>>                    and monitor them in the last hours/days.
>>                    Stay informed of a particular (or all) endpoint
>>             status changes
>>                    through RSS feeds.
>>                    All availability information generated by this tool is
>>                    accessible through a SPARQL
>>                    endpoint.
>>
>>                    This tool fetches public SPARQL endpoints from CKAN
>>             <http://ckan.net/> open data.
>>
>>                     From this list, it runs tests every hour for
>>             availability.
>>
>>                    [1]
>>             http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html
>>             <http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html>[2]
>>             http://ckan.net/
>>
>>                    Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche.
>>

>     -- Regards, Kingsley Idehen President & CEO OpenLink Software Web:

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen