Re: The truth about SPARQL Endpoint availability

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:54:40 -0500
To: Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche <pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com>
CC: Bob Ferris <zazi@elbklang.net>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
On 2/28/11 5:43 PM, Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Do you have example of "inline Semantic Web Linked Data in the feeds" ?
>
> My SPARQL endpoint have no human client for the moment ... computer
> first !!

Do you have a graph representation of the data describing SPARQL
endpoint availability using term from the vocabulary you devised for
this effort?

Basically, do you have HTML+RDFa, RDF/XML, N-Triples, Turtle etc..
representations of your entity descriptions graphs? You could place
SPARQL protocol URLs in <link/> within <head/> as we do re. DBpedia
pages, for instance.

Kingsley

> [...]
> Blog: Lešons de choses <http://mondeca.wordpress.com/>
>

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Bob Ferris <zazi@elbklang.net
> <mailto:zazi@elbklang.net>> wrote:
>
>     Oh sorry,
>
>     I overlooked this for some reason. What a pitty. However, I
>     thought more about some inline Semantic Web Linked Data in the
>     feeds. Would that be an option?
>
>     Cheers,
>

>     Bob
>

>     PS: http://labs.mondeca.com/repositories/ENDPOINT_STATUS delivers
>     me a "Missing parameter: query". So I guess, I have to parametrize
>     the request. An instruction for that might be useful then ;)
>

>     Am 28.02.2011 23:25, schrieb Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche:
>
>         Hello Robert,
>
>         Every information produced by this service are stored in a SPARQL
>         Endpoint :
>         http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/endpoint/endpoint.html
>         These open data are linked to CKAN ones. You can already
>         access them.
>
>         best,
>
>         Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche
>         Research & Development
>         Mondeca
>         3, citÚ Nollez 75018 Paris France
>         Tel. +33 (0)1 44 92 35 07 - fax +33 (0)1 44 92 02 59
>         Mail: pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com
>         <mailto:pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com>
>         <mailto:pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com
>         <mailto:pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com>>
>         Website: www.mondeca.com <http://www.mondeca.com>
>         <http://www.mondeca.com/>
>         Blog: Lešons de choses <http://mondeca.wordpress.com/>
>

>         On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Bob Ferris
>         <zazi@elbklang.net <mailto:zazi@elbklang.net>
>         <mailto:zazi@elbklang.net <mailto:zazi@elbklang.net>>> wrote:
>
>            Congrats Pierre, well done!
>
>            This might hopefully become a quite useful resource. Any
>         plans to
>            publish this information itself as Semantic Web Linked Data?
>
>            Cheers,
>

>            Bob
>
>            Am 28.02.2011 19:55, schrieb Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche:
>
>                Hello all,
>
>                you have already encountered problems of SPARQL endpoint
>                accessibility ?
>                you feel frustrated they are never available when you
>         need them?
>                you develop an application using these services but
>         wonder if it is
>                reliable?
>
>                Here is a tool
>         <http://labs.mondeca.com/sparqlEndpointsStatus/index.html>[1]
>
>                that allows you to know public SPARQL endpoints
>         availability
>                and monitor them in the last hours/days.
>                Stay informed of a particular (or all) endpoint status
>         changes
>                through RSS feeds.
>                All availability information generated by this tool is
>                accessible through a SPARQL
>                endpoint.
>
>                This tool fetches public SPARQL endpoints from CKAN

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com