Re: Weather related information published as Linked Data

hi Keith

> That's pretty cool - it'll definitely make it easy to link up the BBC
> pages with other data - when will the new URLs be deployed ?

there'll be a public beta in October inviting feedback for a month or
so, then (depending upon resultant changes/fixes) fully live in November

> And maybe it could be linked data with some minimal RDFa?
> (eg: <link rev="meteo:forecastPage"
> href="http://sws.geonames.org/2637142/"> )

that would be good, I will recommend it to the product owner

> Out of interest, how are the forecasts at
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/ produced ? Is it all from the
> metoffice?

yes mostly  - the daily and detailed forecast data and weather warnings
all come from the UK Met Office (the site also publishes flood warnings
from the Environment Agency, ski resort data from the Ski Club of Great
Britain, etc)

JT