Re: Vocabulary for weather data logging?

Hi Nick,

You could try DWML[1,2].

Finding people on a grid is a fundamentally different process than forecasting points (please shut me up, quickly, for your own good).  In the US there is are County Warning Areas (CWA)[3] or the National Atlas[4].  The Global Map Project uses a 1km square grid [5]  which makes perfect sense for forecasts, but is not good enough for "commercial purposes" - if the purpose is to find people (rinse, repeat).

--Gannon

[1] http://www.nws.noaa.gov/forecasts/xml/
[2] http://www.nws.noaa.gov/mdl/survey/pgb_survey/dev/DWMLgen/schema/DWML.xsd
[3] http://www.nws.noaa.gov/geodata/catalog/wsom/html/cntyzone.htm