Re: Labels separate from localnames (Was: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

On 4/22/11 1:35 PM, Bob Ferris wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On 4/22/2011 6:18 PM, Martin Hepp wrote:
>> So our only disagreement seems to be about having the cardinality
>> info in the label, and I think that, at least for the moment, that is
>> the better choice as compared to the alternatives.
>>

> I really don't understand why you need this cardinality description in
> a label of a universal. If a developer should get informed about such
> axioms on a term, then a documentation is a good place for this kind
> of knowledge.
> For example, my SpecGen v6 fork [1,2] transforms such information
> directly from an RDF graph into a readable HTML documentation that
> includes RDFa as well, i.e., you even can get the full RDF graph out
> of an HTML+RDFa serialized specification documentation. A nice
> showcase term that illustrates the defined restrictions that are set
> on this universal is olo:Slot [3].
>
> Cheers,
>

> Bob
>

> [1]
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/smiy/files/SpecGen/v6/specgen6.tar.gz/download
> [2] http://smiy.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smiy/specgen/trunk/ (this
> version is up-to-date)
> [3] http://purl.org/ontology/olo/core#Slot

Martin,

Now here's the effect Bob's approach when passed through our browser page:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fontology%2Folo%2Fcore%23
-- alternative HTML view of the Ordered Lists Ontology
2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fontology%2Folo%2Fcore%23item
-- a property description page .

President&  CEO