Re: Minting URIs: how to deal with unknown data structures

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:59:26 +0100
To: Frans Knibbe <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
Hi,

On 15 April 2011 13:48, Frans Knibbe <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl> wrote:
> I have acquired the first part (authority) of my URIs, let's say it is
> lod.mycompany.com. Now I am faced with the question: How do I come up with a
> URI scheme that will stand the test of time?

You might be interested in the Identifier Patterns documented here:

http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/identifier-patterns.html

There's also the "Designing URI Sets for the Public Sector" document,
which provides the guidance for creating URIs for UK government data:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/resource-library/designing-uri-sets-uk-public-sector

Cheers,

L.

--