ANN: Semantic CKAN - Revisited

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:21:31 +0200
To: ckan-discuss@lists.okfn.org, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
A new version of RDF infrastructure for CKAN has now been deployed at

        http://semantic.ckan.net/

this represents a complete reimplementation and re-thinking of how to
manage a distributed set of metadata catalogues.

Features:

    * Aggregation of all known CKAN instances (if there are any
      missing, please let me know and I'll add them)
    * Search and filtering across all data sources
    * Dataset metadata represented using DCat and, if available, voiD
    * Retrieval of RDF representations using content-type negotiation.
    * Where voiD information is known, navigable visualisations of
      the datasets and their neighbours, likewise for curated groups.
    * CKAN-compatible API for using existing CKAN tools to inspect the
      aggregated data from one place

Some interesting pages to look at:

  DBpedia
    http://semantic.ckan.net/record/dcc6715c-bf94-4a89-bbf3-35933da795a5.html