Subjectivity and Fluidity of Data Quality

On 4/13/11 11:42 AM, Marco Neumann wrote:
> I am currently looking Chapter vs Years and I think you do some very
> nice data presentation here.
>
> https://pub.needlebase.com/actions/visualizer/V2Visualizer.do?domain=Lotico&query=Chapter+vs+Years
>
> Though you also tend to overwrite the graph pattern with your own
> interpretation of the information.
>
> e.g. Take the Lotico Semantic Web New York community you count two
> members to be active for 5+ years. Me and Kingsley. But that is
> actually not correct, as the creator of the meetup.com group (the
> group started ealier btw ) I've been a member of the New York
> community since 2006-07-01T08:26:08-05:00
>
> You can glean that from the join event here which has my profile URI
> as a domain:
>
> http://www.lotico.com/resource/groupevent2316446_274991
>
> Kingsley has been a member of the New York community since
> 2009-11-02T07:04:09-05:00
>
> http://www.lotico.com/resource/groupevent3320828_274991
>
> But Kingsley is a member of the meetup.com site since October 18,
> 2006. So I am not sure where you get this number from, I guess you go
> directly to the meetup.com profile page to scrape this info.
>
> As you can imagine this is not to condemn Needle but to clarify the
> utility of RDF on the web.

Marco,

In a nutshell, awesome example of Linked Data utility!

Not about anything be wrong with Glenn's stuff specifically, all about
the mercurial nature of data, context, and change sensitivity :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen