Re: 15 Ways to Think About Data Quality (Just for a Start)

From: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:55:58 -0400
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

> Please post the URL in question so I can double check what's happening.
> Remember, I am sharing URLs across the Web, there are many factor in play
> re. time variant nature of resources. etc..
>
> Anyway, give me a URL and I can look into what might be happening.

http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson

To you, I've wired the setting backwards i.e., I opted not to impose the
> overhead of owl:sameAs union expansion by default.

No, this is not a "to you" thing. The checkbox is off, but the sameAs
expansions *are* showing. I'm not arguing a philosophical point, I'm
observing that you have a UI bug.

These are great. I support HTTP access, multiple formats, and
> URL-addressable queries/results/views.
>

> But you have a "silo". The day you deliver Objects with IDs that resolve to
> their Representations via URLs is the day I'll drop the "silo" tag re. your
> data space :-)

I wasn't even talking about Needle, but that day came long ago. All Needle
nodes have IDs that resolve to representations via URLs.