Re: 15 Ways to Think About Data Quality (Just for a Start)

On 4/12/11 9:53 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     1.
>     http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson
>     -- basic description of 'Micheal Jackson' from DBpedia
>

> The very first assertion on this, your first link, is
> "is sameAs of: Michael Rodrick". And you wonder why I keep distracting
> your technology demos by talking about data quality...

Again, do you not understand the fundamental point? There is an
inaccurate assertion in a relation in a give data space. How do you fix
it if you can't see it in the first place? Subjectively bad data can
lead to subjectively improved data.

You take a single assertion from a 21 Billion+ data space, and decide
that's the essence of the matter. Finding this assertion (needle in the
21 Billion+ haystack) is part of the point. Negating the errant named
graph all together is another, post discovery. Not reasoning on owl:same
assertion is yet another.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com