AW: How To Do Deal with the Subjective Issue of Data Quality?

From: Svensson, Lars <L.Svensson@dnb.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 04:40:51 +0200
To: "Michael F Uschold" <uschold@gmail.com>, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: <public-lod@w3.org>, <semantic-web@w3.org>, <dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>
Michael wrote:

> Interesting position.  Seems a bit post-modernesque...  I think there
> is some truth here, just like beauty in a program, or an building
> architecture, or an ontology -- people defninitely have different
> opinions.

They certainly do. Perhaps we should take Keats's position, that

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all/Ye know on earth, and
all ye need to know.' [1]

It's a bit earlier than post-modern though, since he wrote that in 1819.
Semantic Poetry, anyone?

/Lars

[1] http://englishhistory.net/keats/poetry/odeonagrecianurn.html