How Do with deal with the Subjective Matter of Data Quality?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:56:00 -0400
To: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net" <dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>
All,

Increasingly, the issue of data quality pops up as an impediment to
Linked Data value proposition comprehension and eventual exploitation.
The same issue even appears to emerge in conversations that relate to
"sense making" endeavors that benefit from things such as OWL reasoning
e.g., when resolving the multiple Identifiers with a common Referent via
owl:sameAs or exploitation of fuzzy rules based on
InverseFunctionProperty relations.

Personally, I subscribe to the doctrine that "data quality" is like
"beauty" it lies strictly in the eyes of the beholder i.e., a function
of said beholders "context lenses".

I am posting primarily to open up a discussion thread for this important
topic.

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software