Re: [ANN] Linked Open Colors

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:37:02 -0400
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi Sergio,

Thanks for the update about this new, much needed service! While
perusing the data from the command line with rapper I noticed that:

    <http://data.colourphon.co.uk/id/colourscheme/triadic/ff6347>
rdfs:label "triadic colours to compliment Coral (ff6347)" .

ISO 01.070 [1] clearly defines this color as "Tomato". I think we can
all agree that the identity of colors is a solved problem, and it
would be great if this Linked Data service could be updated to reflect
this. I started a Doodle Poll to see if we can find a time to meet to
discuss whether a W3C Working Group or Incubator Group might be needed
to resolve this issue.

//Ed

[1] http://bit.ly/gWCSql
[2] http://www.doodle.com/geyvyrx4wzgvky5s