Re: Proper usage of HTTP for LD servers, clients, crawlers etc.

On 1 Apr 2011, at 11:14, Markus Luczak-Rösch wrote:
> If endpoints deliver no content to the client e.g. if
> the client performs a SPARQL query that yields no results, servers answer
> HTTP status code 200 and deliver some content that holds the information
> that there were no results. As far as I see, there is the HTTP status code
> 204 for exactly this, isn't it? (see
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html)
>
> So, beside the aforementioned and recently discussed proper usage of
> referrers, I would also suggest to use the 204 HTTP status code.

This is perhaps best communicated to the SPARQL working group as a comment on their SPARQL 1.1 Protocol editor's draft:
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/protocol-1.1/

The WG invites comments to this address:
public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Best,
Richard