Re: Any objections against using xsd:anySimpleType or rdfs:Literal as the rdfs:range for OWL datatype properties?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Martin Hepp
<martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:
> NB:
>
> It seems that OWL 2 supports
>
> DataUnionOf( xsd:float xsd:decimal )
>
> The question is how broadly current apps and repositories already support
> OWL 2, in particular "at Web scale", outside of small, controlled
> environments.

What would "support" mean? My guess is that unaware applications
ignore the datatype.

> So I guess rdfs:Literal is the better choice for the moment.

I'd probably use the DataUnionOf( xsd:float xsd:double xsd:decimal) if
what you want to express is that you are using a numeric type.

-Alan