Re: Next version of the LOD cloud diagram. Please provide input, so that your dataset is included.

Hi,

FWIW I'm having the same problems logging in on CKAN at the moment. Google doesn't work, and Yahoo gives a 404 (hence the cc to ckan-discuss).

-Rinke

On 8 sep 2010, at 07:31, Peter DeVries wrote:

> I am kind of annoyed by the CKAN site.
>
> 1) A lot of this information they are requesting are already provided by my void file, sitemap.xml and SPARQL Endpoint
> 2) My google openID does not seem to work on this site and their are no non-openid account setup alternative.
> 3) The TaxonConcept data set is much more interlinked that my other data set GeoSpecies.
>
> Respectively,
>
> - Pete
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Anja Jentzsch <anja@anjeve.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are in the process of drawing the next version of the LOD cloud diagram. This time it is likely to contain around 180 datasets altogether having a size of around 20 billion RDF triples.
>
> For drawing the next version of the LOD cloud, we have started to collect meta-information about the datasets to be included on CKAN, a registry of open data and content packages provided by the Open Knowledge Foundation.
>
> The list of datasets about which we have already collected information is be found here:
>
> http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/lodcloud/
>
> In addition to basic meta-information about a dataset such as its size and the number of links pointing at other datasets, we also collect additional meta-information about the license of the dataset, alternative access options like SPARQL endpoints or dataset dumps, and whether there exist a voiD description of the dataset or a Semantic Web Sitemap.
>
> So if your dataset is not listed yet and you want to have it included into the next version of the LOD cloud, please add it to CKAN until next Wednesday (September 8th, 2010).
>
> Also, if we have collected wrong information about your dataset or if your dataset is only partially described up till now, it would be great if you could add the missing information.
>
> Guidelines about how to add datasets to CKAN as well as about the tags that we are using to annotate the datasets are found here:
> http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation
>
> We thank all contributors in advance for their input and help, which hopefully will allow us to draw the next version of the LOD cloud as accurate as possible.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anja Jentzsch, Richard Cyganiak, Chris Bizer

> Pete DeVries
> Department of Entomology
> University of Wisconsin - Madison
> 445 Russell Laboratories
> 1630 Linden Drive
> Madison, WI 53706
> TaxonConcept Knowledge Base / GeoSpecies Knowledge Base
> About the GeoSpecies Knowledge Base

---
Dr Rinke Hoekstra

AI Department         |   Leibniz Center for Law
Faculty of Sciences   |   Faculty of Law
Vrije Universiteit    |   Universiteit van Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1081a    |   Kloveniersburgwal 48
1081 HV Amsterdam     |   1012 CX  Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5987752     |   +31-(0)20-5253497
hoekstra@few.vu.nl    |   hoekstra@uva.nl

Homepage: http://www.few.vu.nl/~hoekstra