Re: AW: New LOD Cloud Updates

  On 9/3/10 2:59 AM, Chris Bizer wrote:
> Hi Egon,
>
> >  How are data sets divided over the various categories?
>
> We are tagging the datasets with the following tags on CKAN in order
> to assign them the categories:
>
>     * media
>     * geographic
>     * lifesciences
>     * publications
>     * government
>     * usergeneratedcontent
>     * crossdomain
>
> This has been done for some of the datasets, but not all.
>
> So, if you like your dataset to appear in a specific category and have
> a specific color in the upcoming cloud diagram, please assign the
> corresponding tag on CKAN to your dataset.

What about eCommerce? ICECat, ProductDB, BestBuy, and other components
of the GoodRelations solar system. We need to think more in terms of
Galaxies re. Linked Open Data circa. 2010 :-)

I would also suggest "socialweb" for FOAF solar system. Ditto
"ontologies" or "dictionaries" or "schemas" for the likes of: OpenCYC,
SUMO, UMBEL, Yago, FAO etc.. there is a lot of linkage occurring in the
TBox realm that's really valuable to LOD. Same thing for thesauri, which
covers the burgeoning SKOS solar system.

Kingsley

> Cheers,
>
> Chris

President&  CEO