Re: overstock.com adds GoodRelations in RDFa to 900,000 item pages

  On 10/7/10 12:51 PM, Roberto Mirizzi wrote:
>  Il 07/10/2010 18:27, Kingsley Idehen ha scritto:
>>>  For instance,  you could clearly see
>>> http://ookaboo.com/o/pictures/topic/28999/Beijing
>>> as a signifier for a city.  Some people would make the assertion that
>>> dbpedia:Beijing owl:sameAs ookaboo:topic/28999/Beijing.
>>> and that's not entirely stupid.  On the other hand,  it's definitely
>>> true that
>>> ookaboo:topic/28999/Beijing is sioc:ImageGallery.
>>> Put something true together with a practice that's common and you
>>> get the absurd result that
>>> dbpedia:Beijing is sioc:ImageGallery.
>>
>> Hopefully my response clears this all up, at least a little :-)
>>
> We recently discussed about similar issues, anyway it's still quite
> obsure for me why this:
>
> dbpedia:Beijing owl:sameAs ookaboo:topic/28999/Beijing .

Where did that come from? Did you make that claim or did something else?

> ookaboo:topic/28999/Beijing rdf:type sioc:ImageGallery.
>
> => dbpedia:Beijing rdf:type sioc:ImageGallery.
>
> is not a problem.

Is a problem, that's wrong too :-)

Maybe the *focal point*  of an image (or what the image isAbout) that's
part of a collection, for instance.

Kingsley

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software