How verbose are you with your data?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 00:56:50 +0100
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi All,

I'm curious to know how verbose you are when it comes to publishing
linked data, specifically in regards to setting the rdf:type of things
we describe, and with consideration for what I can only call secondary
resources, things that we aren't primarily describing.

An example may be (although please consider all data you publish):

  :me a foaf:Person; #typed
    foaf:knows x:joe .
  x:joe foaf:name "Joe" . #untyped, needs inferred or dereferenced

I'm asking because for those who are familiar with ontologies they use -
knowing the domain and range of the common properties - then it may be a
common pattern (even instinctively) to publish data with the
consideration that consuming clients will have the same, or at least
some, awareness of the ontologies too - i.e. can do some inferring.

I guess one could also include awareness for owl:sameAs relations,
inverse functional properties, and perhaps the most common of all,
publishing data without strict ^^ datatypes.

Thus, if data is being published in this way, and it's more than a minor
edge case, then consideration for these factors may need to be added to
clients sooner rather than later.

Many thanks in advance for any responses,

Nathan