Re: ANN: British National Bibliography

On 11/22/10 11:50 AM, William Waites wrote:
> * [2010-11-22 16:25:35 +0000] Richard Light<richard@light.demon.co.uk>  écrit:
> ]
> ] But is it reliable?  I looked up the book I wrote (Presenting XML, SAMS
> ] Net, 1997) and find that it claims it was written by Laura Alschuler.
> ] How did that happen?
>
> That's what's in the source data, the 111443rd entry in BNBrdfdc12.xml
>
> I have no idea the error rate for problems of this type in the data -
> finding that out is a research project in itself. A next step is to
> feed it through the link discovery tools at DERI and Berlin (are they
> both the same (Silk) or is DERI's something different?) and then see
> what kinds of inconsistencies we can find.
>
> A bit easier, what we really need now is a good way to make these
> corrections and feed them back into the BL. For the RDF clued like
> yourself, I could take a patch in the form of a corrected graph and
> put it in the store.
>
> Cheers,
> -w

William,

Congrats!

Next step is Data Wiki dimension, courtesy of WebID. This enables group
maintenance of data i.e., someone spots an error, makes a change e.g. in
their own named graph, post data space management approval, changes go
to the main graph, if need be.

Anyway, great stuff! The foundation context for Data Wikis is now taking
shape :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com