Re: Possible Idea For a Sem Web Based Game?

> Great!  I think toby's is a very good start.
i'll post my code today and we can see what of it is useful.

> There was some modeling of this here:
>
> http://goonmill.org/2007/

I'll check this out.

> I'm interested in digital economies.  This is an area I would like to
> help build to Web Scale
What I post today may not have these bits working, but I'll share what
I have and work to update the codebase as soon as possible. Any
assistance in this space will be welcome.

> Rendering engines is a whole realm in itself.  Would be great to build
> up a number of clients based on a generic data model.
Exactly. This was the whole point of my work. I understand the
server-side well and will leave the client-work to others. setting an
agreed document format is the key. I've already started the
documentation that will result in an IANA registration in the VND tree
for the XML format. I'd like to see other formats registered as they
become stable (JSON, n3, etc.). This will allow independent developers
to create other servers and clients and can, thereby, increase the
overall quality of things.

> We may be able to use SPARQL Update to add items to a persona (WebID)
> ... tracking items is an interesting problem to solve, maybe a game in
> itself!
I'm very weak in the SPARQL space, this will be a great chance for me
to learn how to support this state transfer format and I'm looking
forward to it.

> Sounds good!  I think if we start of simple, and make a few simple
> linked games, we can iterate richer versions, if people are
> interested.
Yep. IMO, if we do just that (start simple) and focus on the shared
understanding of the document format, we could see lots of very
creative|collaborative work.

Again, I'll post my stuff today and folks are free to pick up any bits
that might be useful.

I'll post the link to this list.

mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/