Re: Possible Idea For a Sem Web Based Game?

Forgive my dropping into the conversation to be critical, but in
<#node1> <#hide-under-rug> <#node2> .
#hide-under-rug does not seem like a predicate defining the relationship
between two nodes.

It's clear to see how this came about, as north_of and south_of could be
predicates (and easily confused with north, as modelled).

I'd suggest to model:

:node1 :permitsAction :action.
:action :leadsTo :node2.

where either:

:action rdf:type :NorthMove
(and :NorthMove rdfs:subClassOf :Move)
or some other predicate holds between :action and :north (which could
then be an individual - where the classification fits is a matter of taste).

One immediate advantage is the ability to allow other predicates to
apply to moves - while hiding under the rug might be generally
allowable, such games often require potions/weapons/etc. for certain
moves to be permitted. Such a :requires predicate could also be applied
either to the 'instance' (if modelled as such) or the 'class'.  For example:

:node1 :permitsAction :castSpellOnWarlock1.
:castSpellOnWarlock1 :leadsTo :node2;
                                        rdf:type :CastSpell ;
                                        :requires :potion1 .

(In fairness maybe :CastSpell should be :SpellCasting, but I don't want
to be too pedantic)

Versus:

:node1 :permitsAction :castSpellOnWarlock1.
:castSpellOnWarlock1 :leadsTo :node2;
                                        rdf:type :CastSpell .
:CastSpell  :requires :potion1 .

(In which case wherever you're allowed to cast a spell it requires this
potion)

Barry