Re: Possible Idea For a Sem Web Based Game?

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:28:24 +0100
Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  Would each 'location' be a document or a resource?  Web of
> Documents vs Web of Resources?
>
> 2.  Could we use foaf:image and dcterms:desc for the game pages?
>
> 3.  How would you model the link on each page?

Sounds like a pretty awesome idea. I'd personally model it like this:

	<#node1>
		a game:Node ;
		foaf:name "Dark Cave" ;
		foaf:depiction <...> ;
		dcterms:description "..." .

I'd say that game:Node is not disjoint with foaf:Document. That gives
you flexibility - in some cases a node might be a page, and in other
cases you might have several nodes described on the same page.

Links to other places could be accomplished using:

	<#node1>
		game:north <#node2> ;
		game:south <otherdoc.xhtml#wasteland> ;
		game:east <http://example.net/game#node9> .

The description itself would have more detailed descriptions of the
directions like "To the south lies a desolate wasteland.". Directions
you'd want would probably be eight compass, points plus "up", "down",
"inside", "outside".

Each node should probably also have co-ordinates (not in WGS84, but a
made-up co-ordinate system), along the lines of:

	<#node1>
		game:latitude 123 ;
		game:longitude -45 .

This would not be used for gameplay, but to aid authoring new nodes.
You'd want to have your "north" triple link to a node that you could
plausibly reach by going a short distance north.

> I'm not sure how the rendering would work, but perhaps it's easy
> enough in RDFa once we have a model.

I'd be happy to mock-up an interface - perhaps tonight!

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>