Re: A(nother) Guide to Publishing Linked Data Without Redirects

On Thursday 11. November 2010 01:50:36 Harry Halpin wrote:
> The question is how to build Linked Data on top of only HTTP 200 -
> the case where the data publisher either cannot alter their server
> set-up (.htaccess) files or does not care to.

I think that's really simple, then they should use hash-URIs. That's all,
really.

Basically, what we have now is choice:
If you want to publish documents on an old style web server and not worry
about the 303 dance, use hash-URIs.

If you have more control and prefer to take it all the way, you can spend
two days of coding or just use some module and do the 303 dance.

I really don't see a point in deprecating number two, and making a huge
fuzz about it, as long as they can do number one.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo