Re: data.gov.uk ontologies

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 19:50 -0200, Percy Enrique Rivera Salas wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I only found the educational ontology of data.gov.uk (school.rdf)
>
> Anybody knows, Where could I get the other ontologies of this dataset?

Which dataset, the education dataset?

If so that then http://education.data.gov.uk/def/school/ is really the
only relevant one.

Which other ones did you want?

There only two non standard ones mention in that dataset other than
school:

meta        http://education.data.gov.uk/def/meta/
- Used internally to annotate school.rdf with some additional label
information.

foundation  http://statistics.data.gov.uk/def/Foundation/
- Largely redundant and replaced by later ontologies such as org:

The schools data should be usable without either of these.

All of the concepts of those two ontologies should resolve individually,
e.g. [1] but an unfortunate effect of the data.gov.uk practices at the
time, and the way the redirection to the Talis hosting works, is that
you only get the description of a single concept back, not the enclosing
ontology.

If you really want these, despite all the caveats, then I can post them
somewhere.

Dave

P.S. In the fullness of time we'd like to see the education data updated
and shifted to fit in with newer data.gov.uk ontologies.

[1] http://education.data.gov.uk/def/meta/columnName