Re: Status codes / IR vs. NIR -- 303 vs. 200

Please tell me that you're not trying to infer that using the HyperText
Transfer Protocol to update an HTML document which describes the staff
in a staff-of-three company, similar to the following, is RESTful:

   http://example.org/staff#mary
   http://example.org/staff#bob
   http://example.org/staff#bill
   == PUT http://example.org/staff

But updating an RDF document, for the same company, containing the same
descriptions, of the same three people, identified by the same three
URIs, is somehow un-RESTful:

   http://example.org/staff#mary
   http://example.org/staff#bob
   http://example.org/staff#bill
   == PUT http://example.org/staff

Or are you saying that updating a description of one person,
(supposedly) identified by the URI http://example.org/people/sue, is
RESTful:

  PUT http://example.org/people/sue

but updating a description of one person, identified by the URI
http://example.org/people/sue#me, is un-RESTful:

  PUT http://example.org/people/sue

ps: I use fragments, and update descriptions RESTfully, never ever had a
problem yet.

Regards,

Nathan