Re: What would break, a question for implementors? (was Re: Is 303 really necessary?)

I guess what surprises me is your use of "can't" in "We can't produce ..."
instead of "shouldn't", as in "We shouldn't produce high fidelity descriptions of
things that aren't unambiguosly identified, because if we do, there will
be no reliable way to merge descriptions from different sources."

I think  it's obvious that we "can" since we do it all the time. That we
shouldn't may be true, although it is, I think you'll agree, a contested
claim.

Joel.