Re: What would break, a question for implementors? (was Re: Is 303 really necessary?)

On 11/9/10 10:54 AM, Nathan wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
> it's a description.

Yes!

We are describing "observations". Can't do this in thin air, must have a
projection surface, hence the need for Documents.

You see, the whole Web of Data vs. Web of Documents is yet another false
dichotomy. The Web is simply evolving its projection media from HTML
documents (sorta like blank paper on to which you can scribble) to more
Structured Documents (sorta like graph paper, what the spreadsheet kinda
models). This new Document type is like graph paper, also like a
spreadsheet (supports Name and Address reference values in cells), but
with a 3-column restriction and unlimited rows.

HTTP lets us stream this powerful 3 column based graph paper document.
The underlying conceptual schema (EAV) allows multiple representations
(HTML+RDFa, RDF/XML, OData+Atom, OData+JSON, RDF-JSON, GData etc)  of
the conceptual schema's model semantics.

We are using a graph paper like surface to hold the descriptions of our
observations. We can use a myriad of syntaxes to achieve this goal as
long as said syntaxes are based on a common conceptual schema.  Mapping
an RDBMS to an RDF syntax isn't some new age magic, it's possible
because there is a common conceptual schema at the base re. a DBMS based
Relational Property Graphs vs its relative based on Relational Tables.

HTTP 200 OK means: Document Found.

Content-Type means: Document Content is in a given format.

Content-Location means: Document Location.

A URI is just an Identifier. We can "Describe" what isn't unambiguously
Identified (Named); hence the use of "Names" since the beginning of
shared cognition era re. human evolution.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen