Re: Is 303 really necessary?

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 22:17 +0100, Lars Heuer wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Even if I come from a slightly different camp (Topic Maps), I wonder
> if your proposal hasn't become reality already. Try to resolve
> rdf:type or rdfs:label: I think we agree that these resources describe
> abstract concepts and should not return 200 but 303. Both return 200.

Those are hash URIs, for example, the rdf:type expands to the URI:

    http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type

As it says [1] in the RDF specs:

""the RDF treatment of a fragment identifier allows it to indicate a
thing that is entirely external to the document, or even to the "shared
information space" known as the Web. That is, it can be a more general
idea, like some particular car or a mythical Unicorn""

So those are perfectly fine. Ian's proposal and the discussion here has
been entirely about URIs without fragment identifiers, so called "slash
URIs".

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-fragID - though that is
an Informative rather than Normative section of the concepts document.