Re: Is 303 really necessary - demo

Hi,

On 5 November 2010 12:37, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Wrong question, correct question is "if I 200 OK will people think this
> is a document", to which the answer is yes. You're toucan is a :Document.

You keep reiterating this, but I'm still not clear on what you're saying.

1. It seems like you're saying that a status code licenses someone to
infer an rdf:type for a resource (in what vocab I'm not sure, but it
looks like you're saying that). Someone is obviously entitled to do
that. Not sure I can think of a use case, do you have one?

2. It also seems like you're suggesting someone is actually doing
that. Or maybe that it's you're expecting someone will start doing it?

3. It also seems like you're suggesting that if someone does do that,
then it breaks the (semantic) web for the rest of us. Which it won't,
unless you blithely trust all data everywhere or don't care to check
your facts

Cheers,

L.

--