Re: Is 303 really necessary - demo

Hi,

let me ask my question again:

On Friday 05 November 2010, Ian Davis wrote:
> Here is the URI of a toucan:
>
> http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan
>
> Here is the URI of a description of that toucan:
>
> http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan.rdf
>
> As you can see both these resources have distinct URIs.

If I GET http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan i retrieve a document (I'll call
this A) with rdf statements.
If I GET http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan.rdf i retrieve another document
(I'll call this B), which in this case happens to have the same content as A,
but could be different, can't it?

Now: how can I say that I don't like A without saying that I don't like
<http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan> ?

If your answer is going to be "say you don't like B" again, please explain
what happens if A and B don't have the same content.

Is there some magic involved saying that any ?s with a
?s <http://vocab.org/desc/schema/description> ?d .
is not a document but a real-world object?

Or is there some magic involved that if toucan and toucan.rdf give you the
same content that one of them is a real-world object then?

If not, how can I find out that <http://iandavis.com/2010/303/toucan> is one
and A is only one of its descriptions?

Jörn

PS: is there a summary of this discussion somewhere?