Re: Is 303 really necessary?

<snip>
Also please note that if you mint your URIs using a 303-redirect service
such as http://thing-described-by.org/ then the extra network hop from
the 303 redirect could be optimized away by parsing the URI, as
described here:
http://thing-described-by.org/#optimizing
For example, you would have the relationship:

 <http://t-d-b.org/?http://example/toucan-page>
     :isDescribedBy
          <http://example/toucan-page> .
</snip>
So the solution is to introduce a URI convention (assigning meaning to
the convention) and use a central service to implement this feature.

<snip>
so if the toucan were denoted by the URI
http://t-d-b.org/?http://example/toucan-page
the you know that its description is located at
http://example/toucan-page
and there is no need to actually dereference the other URI.
</snip>
And to expect consumers of the URI to also understand and honor that convention.

That sure looks|sounds to me like a new URI scheme.

mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/
http://twitter.com@mamund
http://mamund.com/foaf.rdf#me