Re: Java Framework for Content Negotiation

On 20.05.2010 12:18, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>> There's also Jersey [1]  ...
>>
> +1 to Jersey - had overall very good experience with it. If you want to have
> a quick look (not saying it's beautiful/exciting, but might helps to
> kick-start things) see [1] for my hacking with it.
>
> Cheers,
>        Michael
>
> [1] http://bitbucket.org/mhausenblas/sparestfulql/

Mmh, i have been thinking about using REST-Webservice already, but there
is one thing i'm quite unsteady with:

I might have a non-information resource http://example.org/resource/foo

I could place a REST-Webservice there and do content negotiation with
@GET / @Produces Annotations. But this seems not correct to me, because
it is a non-information resource and not a html or rdf/xml document. So
it should never return html or rdf/xml but do a 303 redirect to an
information resource instead, doesn't it?

Kind regards,
Angelo