Re: Migrating from slash to fragment

From: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:16:15 +0000
To: "nathan@webr3.org" <nathan@webr3.org>, "KangHao Lu (Kenny)" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
CC: ML public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
The CRS software (which drives sameas.org in a simplified form), always names a "canon" for this very reason.
So the owner of a domain and associated CRS can recommend a URI for use, which can be found by providing any URI.
One important point is that it provides this pseudo-authority without generating a new URI, so it doesn’t make the multiple URI problem worse.

So if you have http://dblp.rkbexplorer.com/id/people-0a36cf76d1a3e99f9267ce3d0b95e42e-083eb130820659769b083b85f3665078
then http://dblp.rkbexplorer.com/crs/export/?uri=http://dblp.rkbexplorer.com/id/people-0a36cf76d1a3e99f9267ce3d0b95e42e-083eb130820659769b083b85f3665078
tells you that the people who run dblp.rkbexplorer.com (or at least the associated CRS) would prefer you to use

We think that this ability to converge on agreed URIs (in a facilitative rather than authoritative way), and even support the mapping from deprecated URIs to new ones, is an important part of the LD infrastructure.