Re: Cross site scripting: CORS and a Javascript library accessing Linked Data

Hi Nathan,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Could everybody publishing linked data please note that open data isn't
> currently retrievable via client side JS libraries due to same origin
> policies and the likes.
>
> In order to make it open and accessible by UAs we need to add in CORS [1]
> headers.

Just to be slightly pedantic, this is only a problem for applications
running inside web browser sandbox contexts. Standalone apps,
dedicated semweb browsers, iPhone apps, greasemonkey scripts etc don't
suffer this limitation.

That said, we are looking at CORS for support by Talis with the caveat
that it is still not a REC stage and we prefer to implement agreed
standards rather than ones in progress unless we're very confident
they won't change.

Ian