Re: Geonames Java API: querying over continent code

Hi Dr.Solanki,
                        I have used Geonames data with SPARQL not with
Java.
So I am just guessing based on the code available at

http://forum.geonames.org/gforum/posts/list/1460.page

An indirect way to do it could be to query for the feature code of the
toponym and checking if its "http://www.geonames.org/ontology#L.CONT"".

Another way, is to use the Hierarchy Web Service :
http://www.geonames.org/export/place-hierarchy.html#hierarchy

Since this returns the Continent as top most element in the hierarchy.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Regards

Prateek