Re: [uk-government-data-developers] Nice Data Cleansing Tool Demo

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:25:49 +0100
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi,

On Sunday, March 28, 2010, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> A very nice data cleansing tool from David and Co. at Freebase.

Yes, it looks very nice. Am looking forward to working with it.

> CSVs are clearly the dominant data format in the structured open data
> realm. This tool deals with ETL very well. Of course, for those who
> appreciate OWL, a lot of what's demonstrated in this demo is also
> achievable via "context rules".

Can you (or others) expand on that?

Much of the power in the demo seemed to me to be in the facetting,
scripting of cleansing, analysis of value spaces, etc.

I'd be interested to know how OWL could be applied here.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds