From: public-lod-request@w3.org on behalf of John Erickson
Sent: Fri 3/26/2010 1:49 PM
To: Richard Cyganiak; Hugh Glaser; Linking Open Data
Subject: Re: A question - use 301 instead of 406?

Thank you Richard for that email; I think in making this
observation/asking this question you've pointed out the subtle role
that the "generic document" plays, esp (from
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#r303gendocument):

"...This has the advantage that clients can bookmark and further work
with the generic document. A user having a RDF-capable client could
bookmark the document, and mail it to another user (or device) which
then dereferences it and gets the HTML or the RDF view..."

John

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
http://bitwacker.wordpress.com