SKOS, owl:sameAs and DBpedia

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:57:08 +0000
To: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Hello!

We are in the process of rolling out some links to DBpedia over in BBC
Programmes. However, we are facing a small issue. We use our own
categorisation scheme based on SKOS, and then want to add some sameAs
links to DBpedia.

For example, we currently publish the following statements:

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/places/france#place> a skos:Concept ;
a po:Place .

And we want to add an extra statement:

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/places/france#place> owl:sameAs
<http://dbpedia.org/resource/France>.

Is that an issue? Should we drop SKOS altogether if we go on with
that, or should we use skos:exactMatch instead of owl:sameAs?