Re: Conneg representation equivalence

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> To complete this important thread, why not post a few triples that
> reflect your understand of Richard's suggestions. You aren't the first
> person to hit this problem and you certainly won't be the last, so the
> more examples we can persist on the Web, the better for others that come
> through.

No problem. I got the idea of something like this:

<http://example.org/>
 a foaf:Document ;
 rdfs:label "Article"@en , "Статья"@ru ;
 dcterms:title "Article"@en , "Статья"@ru ;
 dcterms:creator <http://example.org/id/joe> ;
 dcterms:created "2010-03-04"^^xsd:date ;
 dcterms:hasVersion <http://example.org/index.en.html> ,
  <http://example.org/index.ru.html> .

 dcterms:title "Article"@en ;
 dcterms:language <http://www.lingvoj.org/lang/en> ;
 dcterms:hasVersion <http://example.org/index.ru.html> .

<http://example.org/index.ru.html>
 a foaf:Document ;
 rdfs:label "Статья"@ru ;
 dcterms:title "Статья"@ru ;
 dcterms:creator <http://example.org/id/joe> ;
 dcterms:contributor <http://example.org/id/jane> ;
 dcterms:created "2010-03-17"^^xsd:date ;
 dcterms:language <http://www.lingvoj.org/lang/ru> .

Joe is the author of the original article, and he's credited as
dcterms:creator. Jane is the translator, she is mentioned as
dcterms:contributor for the Russian resource.

dcterms:created for the canonical URI reflects the creation date of the
original article. For the translation, it's substituted with the date of
translation.

I'm not sure if we could also say that

 </index.ru.html> dcterms:hasVersion </index.en.html> .

I guess it depends on one's reading of the DC spec, probably nobody
would die if this triple was included, but here I omitted it for extra
precision.

The Lingvoj ontology[1] also has provisions for describing translations
as resources in their own right, but it's a bit beyond the topic here.

As for dcterms:hasFormat, I don't think it can be used here, but if we
also had a PDF version of the article, we could write:

 </index.en.html> dcterms:hasFormat </index.en.pdf> .
 </index.ru.html> dcterms:hasFormat </index.ru.pdf> .

(and vice-versa)

Further corrections/additions welcome.

[1] http://www.lingvoj.org/ontology.rdf

--