Improving Organization of Govt. based Linked Data Projects

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 16:18:57 -0400
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
All,

I continue to struggle with easy discovery of Government oriented Linked
Data (UK and U.S. are examples). Basically, a long time ago, we
established some core principles for Linked Open Data published to the
Web. The components where broken down as follows:

1. Publish RDF Data Set archive URLs to a well known location --
http://esw.w3.org/DataSetRDFDumps
2. Publish SPARQL Endpoints -- e.g., <http://esw.w3.org/SparqlEndpoints>
3. Publish Linked Data -- an home page or deeply linked URI will do.

DBpedia still provides a very nice template for the above.

Unfortunately, most of the Govt oriented Linked Data projects haven't
quite adopted the scheme above thereby making the process of discovering
items 1-3 quite tedious.

Suggestions:

I think we can tackle this problem by doing the following:

1. Use the moniker Linked Open Govt Data (LOGD) for all Govt. oriented
Linked Data projects
2. Use #hashtag #logd on Twitter and "logd" for tagging on del.cio.us --
one data is on del.icio.us or Twitter, its basically part of LOD via
RDFizers etc..

So Far I have:

1. http://delicious.com/kidehen/logd  -- del.icio.us tag

Kingsley Idehen