Re: URI Fragments (typo fixed version)

Leigh Dodds wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> exactly.. how *DO* you remove a resource from the web of linked data?
>>
>> let's just suppose that the high court has instructed it; it *must*
>> happen - how?
>
> What would you do for a document?
>
> Its on your web site. Its also in the Google cache and the Wayback
> Machine. What do you do? What are your legal requirements, and what
> are your practical limitations?

maybe we can address this for the web of linked data resources before
the same issues arise..?

410 Gone and obedient http clients with link editing capabilities.

google cache remove, would be interesting to test the 410 with them though:
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164734

wayback:
http://www.archive.org/about/exclude.php

note the identical way's of doing it; robots.txt handles the current web
of documents (pretty much).