National Identification Number URIs ( NIN URIs )

From: Aldo Bucchi <aldo.bucchi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:03:38 -0300
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>

All countries have a National Identification Number scheme ( NIN ).

Also, all countries have code points in different schemes.

So, can't we combine both to create a de-facto URI for people based on
country ids?

For example: http://dbpedia.org/nin/cl/14168212
That would be me based on my Chilean NIN.

Is there some namespace for this already?

When you have real world problems, like we have now in Chile, it is
simple solutions like these that would make integration easier.

For example, we have assigned a NS for chilean IDs. But some of the
missing people here are tourists and we the only IFP we have is their
national ID ( not emails ).

Aldo Bucchi

This message is only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, please do not distribute or copy this
communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail.