Re: Travel journal or diary ontology [literature]

From: Stuart A. Yeates <syeates@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:37:11 +1200
To: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Cc: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net> wrote:

> Le 13 juin 2010 à 16:54, Stuart A. Yeates a écrit :
>> If you want to encode documents such as this, I suggest that you start with TEI.
>> There are a whole range of institutions, archives and libraries using
>> TEI (see a partial list at http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Projects/
>> ).
>
> Many thanks Stuart, just tried to look at what was available. (specs and guides are not free.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "not free" but the spec is at
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/index.html (and in
version control on sourceforge).

The spec printed on pulp-of-murdered-tree are $$$, mainly to cover the
cost of printing and distribution.

TEI membership has a cost, but that's only an issue if you wish to get
involved in governance (bug reports are accepted via sourceforge;
feature requests mainly via the mailing list).

cheers
stuart