Re: Slideshare.net as Linked Data

Peter Ansell wrote:
> On 8 June 2010 04:34, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've wrapped the Slideshare.net API to expose it as RDF. You can find a blog
>>> post about the service at [1] and the service itself at [2]. An interesting
>>> bit is how we deal with Slideshare's API limits by letting you use your own
>>> API key.
>>>
>>> It's still needs to be properly linked (i.e. point to other resources on the
>>> WoD) but we're working on it.
>>>
>>> [1] http://thinklinks.wordpress.com/2010/06/07/linking-slideshare-data/
>>> [2] http://linkeddata.few.vu.nl/slideshare/
>> Cool :) How does it relate to the RDFa they're embedding?
>
> The RDFa that they embed won't be recognised by a typical RDFa
> processor. It is only written to the DOM using Javascript, so it will
> never get picked up by HTML-only robots. Exposing the API directly as
> RDF is much more valuable IMO.

Does that class as RDFa then?, or just properties on dom nodes only
present at run time under very specific contexts where a UA provides
that functionality.

Do any current RDFa processors extract from the DOM (either robots or UA
extentions)?

If processors were to go down this route of extracting from the DOM,
what provenance / security issues arise, surely a malicious script could
modify the contents of the DOM at runtime and skew the data?

Best,

Nathan