Re: Organization types predicates vs classes

On 10-06-08 04:27, Todd Vincent wrote:

> By adding "OrganizationType" to the Organization data model, you provide
> the ability to modify the type of organization and can then represent
> both (legal) entities and (legally unrecognized) organizations.

:foo rdf:type SomeKindOfOrganisation .

vs.

:foo org:organisationType SomeKindOfOrganisation .

I don't really see the need for an extra predicate
with almost identical semantics to rdf:type. There
is nothing stopping a subject from having more than
one type.

Having a special predicate doesn't really help with
modification, you could easily do the same thing
with rdf:type and still run up against the problem
that there is no good way of specifying *when* a
particular statement is true (OPMV notwithstanding)

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites@okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation