RE: Organization ontology

In case this is helpful, the following are the high-level templates I typically use when modeling Person and Organization. These can/do change based on the application.  One of the goals of these structures is to keep the two objects as similar as possible.

Organization
Organization@OrganizaitonType
- Name (1)
- AlternateNames (0-many)
- ContactPerson (0-1)
- Addresses  (0-many)
- Phones (0-many)
- Emails (0-many)
- Websites (0-many)
- Identifiers (0-many)
- Roles (0-many)
-- Name (1)
-- Identifier (1)
-- RoleAssociations (0-many)

Person
- Name (1)
- AlternateNames (0-many)
- ContactOrganization (0-1)
- Addresses  (0-many)
- Phones (0-many)
- Emails (0-many)
- Websites (0-many)
- Identifiers (0-many)
- Descriptions (0-many)
- Roles (0-many)
-- Name (1)
-- Identifier (1)
-- RoleAssociations (0-many)

The content models for Name, AlternateName and Identifiers differ for Person and Organization; Organization includes @OrganizationType, and ContactPerson and ContactOrganization are switched, but otherwise the model is the same.  This is not intended to be a one size fits all model.  Different applications have different needs.  This is just one way to do it that I have found works well in a number of situations.

Again, hope this is helpful,

Todd