Re: An idea I need help with, or told to stop wasting time on!

From: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 22:08:28 +0200
Cc: nathan@webr3.org, semantic-web@w3.org, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, dret@berkeley.edu
To: Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachmann@trialox.org>

On 6 Jun 2010, at 19:54, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:

> your way of specifying the type of the literal reminds me the recent
> discussion started by Henry Story:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2010Feb/0174.html
> following this we could also say:
> :me foaf:name [
>    xsd:string 'nathan' ;
>    ex:sha_1 'KLSJFS9F7S9D8F7SLADFSLKDJF98SD7' .
> ] .

Yes, it would be possible to extend xsd:string so that this works, as explained in this email

But also see the follow up

And as we don't control the xsd: namespace, we can't tell if they will use this
interpretation or the inverse.

  In the case of the cert ontology we can define a datatype to also be such a
relation. See: