Re: Discogs Linked Data

Kurts, Mats, Kingsley

Thanks for the info. So to clarify, there is access to a Discogs
dataset but it has the issues which you raised.

I would be interested in working on the interlinking aspect to get
resources correctly synched with dbtunes and maybe dbpedia concepts
also. Who was working on that aspect of the data?

cheers

On 4 Jun 2010, at 00:08, mats.gls@gmail.com wrote:

> The main major thing lacking now I think is links[1] to MusicBrainz,
> and I don't think that can be done without a dump. Apart from that,
> the mappings are also incomplete. The ruby code can be found at
> dataincubator[2].
>
> 1. http://blog.dbtune.org/post/2007/06/11/Linking-open-data%3A-interlinking-the-Jamendo-and-the-Musicbrainz-datasets
> 2. http://code.google.com/p/dataincubator/source/browse/trunk/#trunk/
> discogs
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mats
>
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Kurt J <kurtjx@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >> Does anyone know the state of play wrt a linked dataset
> describing Discogs
> >> (the music/record site)?
>
> I've spent some time w/ Discogs stuff - it needs some work.  The links
> to DBpedia are broken b/c of some capitalization errors, and the
> artist URIs and foaf:names are a bit borked b/c the underlying data
> has some unicode errors (two bytes v one byte unicode not handled
> properly)
>
> > There have always been Virtuoso Sponger [1] Cartridges (Basic and
> Meta) for
> > Discogs.
> >
> > Examples:
> >
> > 1.
> > http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/www.discogs.com/artist/Stevie+Wonder
> > -- Stevie Wonder
> >
> > 2.  http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtSponger
>  --
> > Virtuoso Sponger Middleware
> >

> you might see if you can just use these.  otherwise the ruby code is
> around somewhere on the talis platform site.  no time to find it now -
> i've got a new born to look after :-)
>
> -kurt j

Matthew Rowe, MEng
PhD Student