Re: Predicate for external links on dbpedialite.org?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Nicholas Humfrey
<nicholas.humfrey@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have added external links to dbpedialite, for example see Berlin:
> http://dbpedialite.org/things/3354
>
> Is there a better predicate to use than rdfs:seeAlso? I am not sure if it is
> correct because the link is just a random webpage, rather than an
> rdfs:Resource but not found anything better. Perhaps an openvocab subclass
> of rdfa:seeAlso?

If you're pointing at documents, you could use foaf:page (inverse of
foaf:topic) to say that those pages have (the city) Berlin as a topic.
Or if you're more confident, foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf (inverse of
foaf:primaryTopic).

Oh hey, in the 1/2 hour since I started drafted this reply, I see the
conversation has gone in this direction. Yeah it sounds like
foaf:topic or foaf:page fit. I don't particularly enjoy RDF vocabs
having inverses in them but for that matter we do have both directions
named in FOAF, so pick whatever suits your markup best. I lean towards
'topic' as the most intuitively named, but DBpedia uses 'page', which
might be worth bearing in mind...

Dan